Seminar

Date 2017-02-28 

학과 정기세미나 안내

■ Title Carbon and Organic-based Materials for Thin-film Transistors and Pressure Sensors

■ Speaker : 스티브 박 교수 (KAIST 신소재공학과)

■ Date and time : 2월 28일 (화) 16:00

■ Venue : 응용공학동 (W1) 1층 영상강의실

Abstract :

In this talk, I will discuss solution-based thin-film formation of single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) and organic materials to fabricate low-cost electronics and sensors with enhanced performance. To process thin-film of SWNTs as channel material in transistors, two main challenges existelimination of metallic SWNTs and dense alignment of SWNTs. To address the former, I have developed a polymer-based sorting technique that was shown to selectively disperse semiconducting SWNTs with a narrow diameter range. To address the latter, I have utilized solution shearing to densely align SWNTs over a large area in a facile manner. Also using SWNTs as electrodes, stretchable capacitive tactile sensor was fabricated with high sensitivity of 0.7 1/kPa and with the ability to differentiate between different tactile inputs. To print thin films of small organic molecules, a technique known as CONNECT was developed where organic crystals were aligned, self-patterned, and self-registered within the transistor channel over a large area. Transistor density as high as 840 dpi with low relative variance of 26% were demonstrated, along with a 2-bit half adder circuit. In summary, the performance of SWNTs and organic thin films have been enhanced through novel solution processing techniques, through which transistors and various sensors were fabricated.