Seminar

■ 제  : Opto-Analytical Spectroscopy, Imaging, and Sensing (OASIS)

■ 연  : Prof. Wei-Chuan Shih (Departments of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Houston)

■ 초청자 : 정연식 교수

■ 일  : 10 19 (오전 11:00 

■ 장  : 응용공학동 (W1-1) 11318 강의실

Abstract : 

Light matter interaction can provide rich compositional information from various types of samples in a non-invasive fashion. Our laboratory has developed a broad range of opto-analytical spectroscopy, imaging, and sensing (OASIS) technologies with core innovations in nanomaterial, device, and instrumentation. In this talk, I will first report our work in spectroscopic sensing and imaging using various light-matter interactions as contrast mechanisms. I will use non-invasive glucose sensing as a potentially high-impact application. I will then report a novel class of nanoporous plasmonic materials and their use on Chem/Bio sensing in some cases at the single molecule level. I will discuss their potential uses in biomedical and environmental applications, in particular, the potential translation into point-of-care, low-cost, distributed, and wearable devices. I will close by sharing our recent exciting journey with DotLens Smartphone Microscopy in terms of the invention and potential impact in formal and informal K-12 STEM education, citizen science, as well as other practical and research applications.