Seminar

아래와 같이 특별세미나를 개최하오니 관심있으신 분들의 많은 참석 부탁드립니다.

▣ 특 별 세 미 나 ▣

- 제 목: Recent Advancement in graphene-Based Layer Transfer

- 연 사: 김지환 교수 (MIT / DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)

- 일 시: 2016 8 23() 오후 5

- 장 소: 응용공학동 (W1) 11317

- 추 천: 신병하 교수

- 초 록: In this talk, I will introduce my groups research activity in nanoelectronics. First, I will discuss our recent development in a graphene-based layer-transfer process that could offer (1) reusability of the expensive substrate, (2) minimal substrate refurbishment step after the layer release, (3) fast release rate, and (4) precise control of a released interface. We have utilized epitaxial graphene as a universal seed layer to grow single-crystalline III-N, III-V, II-VI and IV semiconductor films as well as a release layer that allows precise and repeatable release at the graphene surface. I will discuss about our recent success in developing the pathway to obtain single-crystalline III-V on graphene.

We have applied this technique to epitaxially stack 2D materials. Monolayer-by-monolayer epitaxial growth of 2D materials is the only viable way to form oriented 2D heterostructures with a pristine coherent interface, which can never be achieved by a conventional mechanical stacking method. But the growth of continuous single-crystalline monolayer 2D material has been extremely challenging. By performing molecular beam epitaxy of 2D materials on our epitaxial graphene, we have achieved continuous monolayer single-crystalline MoSe2 at the wafer-scale which is a significant step towards monolayer-by-monolayer epitaxial stacking of 2D materials.