Seminar

6월 28일 (목) 개최되는 신소재공학과 특별세미나를 아래와 같이 안내해드립니다.

= 아 래 =

1. 일 시 : 2012. 6. 28 (목), 16:00 ~
2. 장 소 : 응용공학동 1317호 강의실
3. 연 사 : Dr. Sung Woo Nam (University of California, Berkeley)
4. 제 목 : Building Up Nanomaterials for Flexible Nanodevices and Nanobiotechnology
5. 발표내용요약(Abstract)

Flexible bottom-up assembly and integration of nanoscale materials with tunable composition and structure can provide a new paradigm for the development and advancement of novel fabrication strategies and unconventional integrated devices/sensors not previously achievable with top-down approaches. In this talk, I will present contact-printing assembly and integration of semiconducting nanowires (NWs) for nanoelectronic devices and biosensor arrays, and monolithic integration of graphene-graphite for flexible bioprobes and integrated graphene devices. In the first part of my talk, I will discuss the assembly of highly-ordered NW arrays by contact-printing with well-controlled shear mechanism between growth and target substrates. The capability of uniform and patterned, automated contact-printing from single chip to a 4-inch wafer scale will be presented, and the strength of our assembly approach is further demonstrated by the creation of programmable nanoprocessor and biosensor arrays capable of cancer diagnostics. The second part of my talk covers the monolithic integration of graphene-graphite to realize flexible, electrically-active bioprobes, and a single-step synthesis of monolithic graphenegraphite structure to enable the integration of a whole circuit. These monolithically-integrated graphene-graphite bioprobes exhibit mechanical flexibility and robustness and were integrated onto the tip of micropipette as a fully-functional, stand-alone probe platform. Furthermore, a novel synthesis approach to build monolithically-integrated electronic devices with graphenegraphite will be introduced.