Seminar

Date 2021-04-27 
Time 16:00 
Title Shape-Morphing of Responsive Hydrogels and Hybrids 

학과 정기 세미나 안내

■ 제 목:  Shape-Morphing of Responsive Hydrogels and Hybrids 

연 사:  배진혜 교수 (Univ. of California San Diego)            

■ 일 시:  2021년 4월 27(화) 오후 4시 

■ Host : 염지현 교수   

■ 참가자 접속정보 (3:50분까지 참가를 부탁드립니다)   

접속 링크: https://kaist.zoom.us/j/8080757553 

ID: 808 075 7553

비밀번호: 2021mse

Abstract :  

Recent interest in shape-programmable and reconfigurable soft material systems has created new opportunities in applications ranging from soft robotics to biomedical devices through the development of fabrication methods for structures and materials with suitable physical and chemical features for stimuli-triggered actuation. I will describe the implications of surface tension for sub-millimeter scale responsive hydrogel objects and show how to utilize these phenomena to assemble and deform such objects. Next, I will discuss our progress in approaches to achieve tunable swelling and deswelling behaviors of stimuli-responsive hydrogel and the hybrid system. These approaches provide insights into how the hydrogel hybrids can be designed to induce different shape morphing behaviors. Lastly, I will briefly introduce our current approaches to controlling the shape morphing kinetics of soft material hybrids. We anticipate that programmable shape morphing systems of hydrogel hybrids will suggest a rich area for fundamental studies and opportunities in a wide range of applications.