The Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is seeking applications for faculty positions. Two or more positions are available depending on the candidate’s qualifications. Candidates should hold a Ph. D. degree in Materials Science and Engineering or a related field by the start of employment, and be capable of teaching in English.
Research areas of primary interest include, but are not limited to
· Energy materials for rechargeable batteries, thermodelectric devices, etc
· Display materials for the next generation display including QD
· Computational sciences in developing new materials based on AI/Big data
· Photopolymer and semiconductor process materials strongly affected by hostile change of trade regulation
The successful candidates are expected to establish independent and externally funded research programs and have a strong commitment to teaching.
Required application documents include:
· Completed application form (downloadable from the attachment, file name: 'Faculty Application Form')
· Three letters of recommendation including one from the academic advisor (optional but mandatory when requested)
· Curriculum vitae
· Original or certified copies of publications
For full consideration, please submit your application via email or regular mail to
Prof. C. B. Park (Department Head)
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, KAIST
291 Daehak-Ro, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon 305-701, Republic of Korea
Phone: +82-42-350-3302, 3340
Review of applications begins immediately and priority will be given to applications received by February 29, 2020.
However, the process remains open until the positions are filled.
Additional questions may be addressed to Department Head, Prof. C. B. Park.