The Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is seeking
applications for faculty positions. Two or more positions are available depending on the candidate’s qualifications.
Candidates should hold a Ph. D. degree in Materials Science and Engineering or a related field by the start of
employment, and be capable of teaching in English.
Research areas of primary interest include, but are not limited to
· Industrial chemical materials (Polymers, Composites, Hybrids etc.)
· Wearable bio-sensors
· Computational modeling and simulation combined with AI/Big Data
· Advanced Structural materials
The successful candidates are expected to establish independent and externally funded research programs and have a
strong commitment to teaching.
Required application documents include:
· Completed application form (downloadable from the attachment, file name: 'Faculty Application Form')
· Three letters of recommendation including one from the academic advisor
· Curriculum vitae
· Original or certified copies of publications
For full consideration, please submit your application via email or regular mail to
Prof. H. M. Lee (Department Head)
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, KAIST
Review of applications begins immediately and priority will be given to applications received by September 30, 2018.
However, the process remains open until the positions are filled. Additional questions may be addressed to
Department Head, Prof. H. M. Lee.
Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin